As a part of the Sunstone community we ask every family to contribute to their child’s classroom two to four times throughout the year. Please sign up below.
Parents often ask how they can give back to Sunstone and contribute to the life of our community. The classrooms have wish lists and book lists that you can browse any time throughout the year. We also have events that we would love your help with either by donating items or your time. In addition, we offer a wide array of parent education on the topics of child development, Montessori, and parenting. We encourage families to browse all of the community participation opportunities below and find ways to engage that most interest you.
Items will be linked when they come available.
Classroom Jobs & Wish Lists
- Lupine Library Chaperone (once a week or month) – Contact Jack, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you’re interested
Classroom Amazon Book Wish List
Classroom Pet Care During Breaks
- All Classrooms
- Conferences: Bring a Lunch for a Guide (Oct & March)
- Winter Sing & Solstice (Dec)
- Upper Elementary Theater Production (TBD)
- Graduation Ceremony (June)
Parent Education – RSVP Required
- Aug: New Parent Orientation
- Oct, March: Conferences, Sign-ups in weekly Communications
- Oct: Journey and Discovery
- Oct: Children’s House Parent/Child Classroom Sharing
- Oct, Nov: Montessori Parenting & The 3-Year Cycle
- Nov, Dec: Montessori in the Home
- Jan 12: Introduction to Montessori Elementary
- Jan 18: The Importance of the Kindergarten Year
- Feb 3: Elementary Presentation Day
- Feb 9: The Upper Elementary Cycle + Night with a Graduate
- Feb: Huckleberry Parent Education, TBD
- Bingo Night (Feb)
- For Small Hands (Sept-Oct)
- Auction & Gala (Oct-March) – Contact Shanda, email@example.com, for volunteer opportunities
- Campus/Facilities Projects Call List – Sign up and when opportunities become available we’ll contact you.
- Architecture Planning
- Carpentry/Painting/Handy Person Projects
- Transport Materials
Shop & Earn
- Anyone can easily earn money for Sunstone Montessori School when they shop Amazon, Fred Meyers, or Office Depot. Learn How
- Sunstone does incredibly important work by developing well-adjusted, independent individuals who know how to be peaceful, contributing members of society. Giving to Sunstone today is a way to ensure the world is properly cared for in the future. Donate Now
- If you have any skills, experience, or interests that you can bring to our community, please let us know. Volunteer opportunities do arise and you never know when you may have exactly what we need. Email Sara, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Look around and tell us what you see. If you ever see anything at Sunstone that needs improvement or better yet, that you can help to improve, please let us know. We welcome your ideas and your support. Email Sara, email@example.com.