Due to the pandemic our Community Participation program is on hold.
How Does it Work? What is your family’s share of hours? How do you fulfill them?
List of Sign-ups
Please Note: We use the following groups to organize our sign-ups in SignUpGenius. Once you are in SignUpGenius you can toggle between the sign-ups within each group and/or toggle to a different group of sign-ups. Just go to the top of the sign-up page and select what you like.
Classroom Needs – Please fulfill your family’s share of community participation hours FIRST with Classroom Needs.
- Campus Cleanup (Aug 29)
- Fall Festival & Electronics Recycling (Oct 5)
- Winter Sing & Solstice (Dec 20)
- Upper Elementary Theater Production (April, TBD)
- Wine & Cheese Reception to Welcome New Families (May 21)
- Graduation Ceremony (June 12)
- Parent Education
- The Importance of the Kindergarten Year (Jan 14)
- The Journey and Discovery (Jan 24 & 25)
- Introduction to Montessori Elementary (Jan 30)
- The Upper Elementary Cycle + Night with a Graduate (Feb 5)
- Huckleberry Parent Education: Toileting (Feb 20)
- Going Out Chaperon Training – After September contact Francesca, [email protected], to put your name on the call list
- Lupine Library Chaperone (once a week or month) – Contact Jack, [email protected], if you’re interested.
- Write an Online Review
- Green Team/Outdoor Program Sustainability Wish List
- Free Electronics Recycling Collection (Oct 5)
- Earth Day & Used Book Exchange (April 22)
- Walk & Bike to School Month Coordinator (May) – Contact Kristen, [email protected], if you’re interested.
- Waste Audit (Dec 11&12)
- Auction & Gala (Oct-March) – Contact Molly, [email protected], for volunteer opportunities.
- Bingo Night (Feb 21)
- For Small Hands (Oct – Nov)
- Toddler Consumables
- Children’s House Laundry/Snack/Flowers
- Elementary Flowers/Laundry
- Conferences: Bring a Lunch for a Guide (Nov & March)
- Doggie Waste Bin Emptying
- Little Library Replenishing
- Campus/Facilities Wish List
- Campus/Facilities Projects Call List – Sign up and when opportunities become available we’ll contact you.
- Architecture Planning
- Carpentry/Painting/Handy Person Projects
- Transport Materials
Committees/Roles – Please sign up if you are serving on a committee.
- Advancement Committee
- Auction Committee
- Green Team
- Room Parent
Shop & Earn
- Anyone can easily earn money for Sunstone Montessori School when they shop Amazon, Fred Meyers, or Office Depot. Learn How
- If you have any skills, experience, or interests that you can bring to our community, please let us know. Volunteer opportunities come up often and you never know when you may have exactly what we need. Email Carmen, [email protected]
- Look around and tell us what you see. If you ever see anything at Sunstone that needs improvement or better yet, that you can help to improve, please let us know. We welcome your ideas and your support. Email Carmen, [email protected]