After School Enrichment Classes
- We have offered a wide spectrum of enrichment classes over the years including but not limited to Soccer, Yoga, Art, Chess & Go, Music, Foreign Language, Horticulture, and Robotics.
- We tailor our after school enrichment classes around the interests of our currently enrolled children, so classes may vary from year to year.
- Classes are limited to currently enrolled Sunstone Students.
- Children enrolled in after school classes will be picked up directly from their classroom by the Aftercare staff and escorted to their after school class (unless otherwise specified).
- Parents may pick their children up directly from the after school class. Children enrolled in Aftercare will be escorted back to their classroom by a staff member and parents can pick up from the classroom as usual.
Soccer Shots – Registration Open
Soccer Shots fills up fast so we recommend you register early.
- Ages 3-5 @ 3:10-3:45pm
- Ages 5-8 @ 3:50-4:35pm
- January 8 – March 4, 2020
Soccer Shots offers fun, non-competitive soccer skills classes for kids ages 3-5 & 5-8 years old. Soccer Shots will meet once a week at Sunstone, on Wednesdays, to provide a high energy, fun introduction to soccer. Soccer Shots is not a league: they are a 35-45 minute class that uses a creative, age-appropriate curriculum to introduce basic soccer skills. They take the game further with a focus on character development. To register for classes please follow the links below. If you have any questions please call Soccer Shots at 503-913-4542.
Chess for Elementary – Registration Open
- Lower and Upper Elementary Students
November 5, 2019-May 26, 2020 (except 12/23, 12/30 and 3/23)
$80/month (registration is monthly)
Sunstone is partnering with The Knight School to offer a weekly after school chess class to all of our Elementary students. The Knight School curriculum is an easily understood, multi-faceted approach to chess involving “Tactics Belts,” “Toast Games,” “Daily Puzzlers,” “Zany Videos,” “Opening Monologues,” driving music, colorfully-bracketed ongoing tournaments, and many other weekly traditions that engage the children. Upon enrolling, each child will receive their very own specialized chessboard and shirt! Classes will run all year long and registration is monthly. To register please follow the link below. Please contact City Coach Justin Jones with any questions at (205)-572-5128 or [email protected].
YOGA – FULL
Ivett, of Honey Heart Yoga, is back again to bring balance and calm through her weekly after school yoga class right here at Sunstone. Ivett is a wonderful, compassionate teacher and so respectful of the children. We are very happy to have her!
- Ages 3-7
- Thursdays, 3:15-4:00pm
- January 9-March 12
- 10 classes
Lessons introduce yoga poses and breathing relaxation through storytelling, singing, affirmations, and socio-emotional activities. No mats needed, only comfortable clothing. Lessons are based on the 5 Yoga Calm® principles of Stillness, Listening, Grounding, Strength, & Community. The Yoga Calm® approach helps kids develop emotional intelligence, communication skills, trust, and empathy. It nurtures teamwork and leadership and provides for a calmer home and more productive school environment.
To register for classes please follow the link below to “Winter 2020 Session.” From there you can submit the online waiver and make payment. Please contact Ivett with any questions at [email protected], or call 503-933-0694.