Teacher Recommendations and School Records Request Policy
Our Guides are happy to extend the courtesy of filling out teacher recommendations and/or questionnaires for families applying to other schools. The process of filling out this documentation is time-consuming for our Guides because they know the students so well and care so deeply; as such, we limit the number of recommendations to *three per student. In an effort to honor the families most in need, priority consideration will be given to our 6th year students graduating out of Sunstone and families moving away. Please let us know if you have any questions about the following process.
In order for Sunstone to deliver all requested documentation in a timely manner, we require at least two weeks’ notice for teachers to complete recommendations and/or questionnaires.
Here is what we need from you:
- A signed copy of the records request from the school that includes the deadline.
- Blank copies of any teacher recommendations/questionnaires with the teacher’s name filled in.
Please keep in mind:
- We send out materials in the order received, not based on deadlines.
- There is no need to bring in an envelope. We will meter the envelope for mailing or send the forms electronically.
- We send all documents directly to the schools and keep a copy in our records.
- You will get a confirmation email once the requested items have been sent.
*If you would like to request more than three recommendations/questionnaires, please prioritize your top three schools. Our teachers will fulfill these first and complete the remaining after all other student recommendations have been fulfilled.