Inclement Weather Policy
For school closures, delays and schedule changes due to inclement weather, we follow the Portland Public School’s (PPS) schedule. Sunstone will send out a whole school email announcement and post a FlashAlert (subscribe below) if school is closed, delayed or otherwise has a schedule change. Our greatest concern is for the safety of you and your child. Regardless of our schedule, please feel free to keep your children home if you feel conditions are not safe.
Inclement Weather Guidelines:
- All programs will follow the same schedule for inclement weather delays.
- If Portland Public Schools announces an early closing for weather-related reasons, we will also close early.
- If Portland Public Schools announces a delayed opening for weather-related reasons, we will also have a delayed opening.
- e.g., for a two-hour delay – school would begin at 10:30am with drop off from 10:00am-10:30am.
- If Portland Public Schools announces a school closure for weather-related reasons, we will also be closed.
PPS Closures and Schedule Changes are Available at:
- web: www.oregonlive.com/closures/#PDX
- radio: KEX 1190 AM or KOPB 91.5 FM
- television: KATU Channel 2 for listings by 7:00am
- for PPS text message alerts: simply text @portlandschools to 23559
After you are subscribed, we highly recommend that you get the FlashAlert messaging app for your smart phone. The app is free, easy to install, will sync with your Sunstone FlashAlert account, and will flash an alert on your phone’s screen without you having to check your email.
Make Up Days
Make up days due to inclement weather may begin once we have had four days of closure. After four days, for any additional day that we are closed due to inclement weather, we may add additional days to the end of the school year. We do not make up for late openings or early closures. As a reminder, there are no refunds for tuition and fees for missed days due to inclement weather.