1. Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms
Sunstone Montessori is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interact with Sunstone Montessori. By accessing Sunstone Montessori, you acknowledge and fully understand our Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Website Privacy Statement.
2. Participating Clients, Merchant Policies, and Third Party Websites
Related services and offerings with links from this website, including all other websites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Sunstone Montessori is not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of third-party or client websites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Information We Collect and How We Use It
Sunstone Montessori collects certain information from and about its users three ways: directly from our Web Server logs, the user, and with Cookies. When you visit our Website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage for the purpose of serving our visitors and customers better.
This website uses Google AdWords’ free conversion tracking features on certain pages. If you contact us online, the destination page will have code on it that will help us understand the path you took to arrive on that page.
DoubleClick: We use Google AdWords remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Bing Ads: This website uses Microsoft’s free tracking features on its webpages. If you contact us online, the destination page will have code on it that will help us understand the path you took to arrive on that page.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including:
- To fulfill your requests for services.
- To protect ourselves from liability.
- To respond to legal process or comply with law, or in connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
4. Changes to This Statement
Sunstone Montessori has the discretion to occasionally update this privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
5. Contacting Us
If you have questions regarding our Privacy
Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy
Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us
COPPA COMPLIANCE CONSENT
Sunstone Montessori School wants to protect the safety of children using the Site. To the extent applicable, Sunstone Montessori School complies with applicable laws and regulations, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which governs information gathering online from or about children under the age of 13. Verifiable consent from a child’s parent or guardian is required before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from a child under the age of 13.
Consistent with the requirements of COPPA, in any instance where Sunstone Montessori School asks for age and determine the user if under the age of 13, Sunstone Montessori School will require a parent or guardian email address in order to send a consent form to the parent/guardian for verifiable consent before Sunstone Montessori School collects any personal information from children under the age of 13.
Without obtaining verifiable parental consent, online contact information collected from a child is only used to respond directly on a one-time basis to a specific request from the child and is not used to re-contact the child and is not maintained in retrievable form by Sunstone Montessori School.
In addition to obtaining verifiable consent according to the process described above, Sunstone Montessori School does NOT:
- collect personally identifiable offline contact information of a child under age 13 without prior parental consent.
- provide any personally identifiable information, regardless of its source, to any third-party for any purpose whatsoever concerning our Users under 13 years of age, unless otherwise disclosed to children and their parents during the information collection process.
- give children under age 13 the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent.
- entice any child by the prospect of a special game, prize, or other activity to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
There are several exceptions that permit collection of a child’s e-mail address without receiving parental consent in advance:
- To provide the parents with notice and to seek consent for communications with the child. Note: this may require collection of the parent’s e-mail address as well.
- To protect the safety of a child who is participating on the site; i.e., in a message board
- To protect the Website or to respond to law enforcement; i.e., in the case of a Website compromise.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF WEB-BASED SITES AND APPS