You’ve successfully scheduled your tour of Sunstone Montessori School.
A confirmation with a calendar link has been emailed to you.
We are truly looking forward to sharing Sunstone with you in person!
When you visit you will meet with the Head of School, Cathy Newman, see our environments, observe in a classroom, learn more about Montessori, and ask any questions you may have.
When you come you may see one or more of the following:
- Children engaged both as individuals and as members of the classroom community.
- Children with a sense of order in how they do their work, gather their materials, work with the materials, and return the materials to the shelf.
- Children working in a purposeful way.
- Children working toward independence: choosing their own tasks, working at their own pace, and repeating tasks as often and for as long as they wish.
- A high level of respect both children and adults show for others and for the materials, such as how they offer someone assistance, walk around work rugs instead of over them, clean up
spills, put away materials, so they are ready for the next person, and so on.
- Children in deep concentration. If a student’s concentration is interrupted, it is interesting to note whether s/he gets permanently sidetracked or eventually returns to the work.
- Great joy in learning. It may be manifested loudly with “I did it!” or quietly with a sigh or a relaxed demeanor.
Please remember, tours are for adults only and, if you have any questions before we see you, please feel free to call or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, we encourage you to click on any of the topics below that pique your curiosity.
See you soon!